Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Surgery Day

"Though I walk in the midst of trouble, thou wilt revive me." Psalm 138:7

We happened to read this poem in a devotional at about midnight last night and thought it was encouraging. Thank you all for your prayers today - we will update you as soon as we can.

The Eye of the Storm

Fear not that the whirlwind shall carry thee hence,
Nor wait for onslaught in breathless suspense,
Nor shrink from from the whips of the terrible hail,
That pass through the edge through the heart of the gale,
For there is a shelter sunlighted and warm,
And Faith sees her God through the eye of the storm.

Passionate tempest with rush and wild roar,
And threatenings of evil may be on the shore,
The waves may be mountains, the fields battle plains,
And the earth may be immersed in a deluge of rains,
Yet, the soul, stayed on God, may sing bravely in song,
For the heart of the storm is the center of calm.

Let hope not be quenched in the blackness of night,
Though the cyclone awhile may have blotted the light,
For behind the great darkness the stars ever shine,
And the light of God's heavens, his love shall make thine.
Let no gloom dim thine eyes, but lift them on high,
To the face of thy God and the blue of His sky.

The storm is thy shelter from danger and sin,
And God himself takes thee for safety within;
And the roar of the wind is a sound of a psalm,
He glad and serene when the tempest clouds form;
God smiles on His child in the eye of the storm.

Mark & Julie

5 comments:

  1. I am praying for you Marykate and your family. Our God is good and His love is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our family is praying for Marykate and your family. Joanne,Vern,Shelby,Sarah Mason

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hughes family:
    Please know how much we are praying for you in these days. You are truly special to us and to God.
    In God's love,
    Rob and the youth group

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Hughes Family,
    I am praying for you all. Marykate, your calm spirit is an inspiration to us all and your life is a testimony to many.
    Judy McCleery

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mary Kate, Julie & Mark,
    WOW - you are all such a testimony to the life we have in Jesus Christ. The poem you read was beautiful and made me think of the book I have called 'The Valley of Vision'. Here is an excerpt from it.
    COMFORTS
    Giver of all Good,
    Streams upon streams of love overflow my path
    Thou hast made me out of nothing,
    hast recalled me from a far country,
    hast translated me from ignorance to knowledge,
    from darkness to light,
    from death to life,
    from misery to peace,
    from folly to wisdom,
    from error to truth,
    from sin to victory.
    Thanks be to thee for my high and holy calling.
    I bless thee for ministering angels,
    for the comfort of thy Word,
    for the ordinances of thy church,
    for the teaching of thy Spirit,
    for thy holy sacraments,
    for the communion of saints,
    for Christian fellowship,
    for the recorded annals of holy lives,
    for examples sweet to allure,
    for beacons sad to deter.
    Thy will is in all thy provisions
    to enable me to grow in grace,
    and to be meet for thy eternal presence.
    My heaven-born faith gives promise of eternal sight,
    my new birth a pledge of never-ending life.
    I draw near to thee, knowing thou wilt draw near to me.
    I ask of thee, believing thou hast already given.
    I entrust myself to thee, for thou hast redeemed me.
    I bless and adore thee, the eternal God,
    for the comfort of these thoughts,
    the joy of these hopes.

    God is blessing ALL who are privileged to pray in His name.
    May blessings of healing and peace be upon you,
    The Fangers (Jim, Claire & Suzanne)

    ReplyDelete