Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Marykate was discharged from the hospital today around 1 PM. We will actually be able to keep our return flight time that had been randomly picked before we left! This was a real surprise - especially since surgery was delayed a whole week after we arrived here. Overall, things could not have gone better considering what we came here for. We had a great team of doctors and felt that all of the decisions that were made, the actual surgery, the healing and management of the first week etc... all went really well. We all felt calm and confident in our Lord. There were so many "little" things where He showed himself faithful to us during this whole time. We have been so blessed to have all of you - your prayers and support have meant the world to us! We can actually look at this and "Count it all joy" - knowing that God will use this to perfect us in Christ and make us more like Him in the time to come. I know my faith has increased as I have seen Him allow a difficult situation, yet walk with us in it. I would love to be more specific but for lack of time I can't right now. We are so excited to get home and see everybody and GET ON WITH THE WONDERFUL LIFE GOD HAS GIVEN!!! We'll see you all soon. Julie

3 comments:

  1. Welcome home!! I'm sure you can not WAIT to sleep in your own room without all the beeps and buzzes and clickity-clacks of a hospital. :-) And you thought the hospital baked potatoes were pretty tasty -- well, they don't compare to the kind you can make in your own kitchen!

    The other day I was getting my hair cut and we got to talking about people with tough, unexpected situations in their lives. I told my stylist about you, and about how your faith in Jesus has been shining through you and your family. I think your story touched her, and hopefully will prompt her to think even more about the God who loves her, too.

    Thanks for your faithfulness, your upbeat attitude, and your courage through all of this. I have no doubt that when you see Jesus in heaven some day, He will delight in showing you what He was able to accomplish in other people through you!! :-)

    Hugs to you (OK, so a careful hug for the time being!!) -
    Colleen Adent

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary Kate, I just think you're the most extraordinary person. I hope you had a good trip home. I'm praying for you! God bless you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi to the whole family - I am Al's cousin Jill and have been following Mary Kate's story through him - all of you have been in our prayers and those of our church family. Your strength and faith have been a beacon of light to many. God loves you and so do we - Jill & Ez (my husband)

    ReplyDelete